Wednesday, October 23, 2013

During a recent "googling" session on the book of Hosea, I came across a very odd, angry, anti-pentecostal person's article on how "Christians" will read into scripture and create things that aren't there. I get that, and totally understand because I feel I've seen all extremes in my Bible college career... However, I do not believe that when God talks about rain, that he's only always talking about rain.

There are several reasons as to why I believe this, but to sum it all up...
I feel based on the context in a certain verse in Hosea, that the rain symbolizes more than rain. There are some places where rain is not meant to represent anything more, but other times, it is. I believe God created everything to be something significant. I feel this based on the fact that God created rain, and anything he creates is not shallow and simple. It's deep.

There are people in the world that feel that those who may think some things in scripture can be symbolic are idiots. I guess I'm okay with being an idiot to them. I don't find myself thinking they're idiots for not being open-minded, I just leave it up to the Lord to clarify one day. :)

So... today I'm reminded of this scripture in light of this:
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?
(Here, God reveals to us the meaning he has in store. He doesn't always do this, and that's okay. It makes me know he trusts us to figure it out.)

Although this scripture in Matthew is mainstream in some ways, it's good for me to think on it instead of just dismiss it because I have heard it 16 billion times.

My thoughts on this today were...
It's funny how no matter how many times I hear that I need to "be content in where I'm at," that my wandering mind always looks to the future.
It's also funny how no matter how much I worry about the future, that God already has it planned out in His grand scheme.

Joel and I are currently in a funny place, but I'm learning so much. This reminds me that in the midst of all my concern, how much more does the Lord care?

Hope you all have a wonderful, non-exhausting day.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment